History

Alma’s History

Alma was founded in 1876, and from then until 1967, only Peppin (Wanganella) sheep were introduced in the stud.

In 1964, D & AL Morphett purchased the stud, and in 1967, they purchased the first Collinsville rams to be introduced to Alma. The Collinsville genetics had a dramatic impact on the Alma sheep, and Alma is proud to have been a leading daughter stud to Collinsville.

Old windmill at sunsetAlma shed history plaque